SPENDING CONFIDENCE INDEX™:
The Index is available for the following breakouts:
- Consumable Goods categories;
- Food & Grocery.
- Health & Beauty.
- Discretionary Goods categories;
- Leisure Goods.
See a sample page here.
A few facts about the index:
- The data source for the index is the monthly survey of more than 5,000 consumers conducted by Prosper Insights and Analytics.
- The index is based on a question that asks respondents—for 19 specific categories—whether they plan to spend more, the same, or less over the next 90 days than they normally spend.
- The topline index is a composite of indices for the 19 underlying categories. A subset of the 19 categories is used to create each of the category group indices, e.g., consumable goods vs. discretionary goods, etc.
For more about the Prosper data platform underlying the index, go to the firm’s homepage.
If you have questions or would like to be invoiced for a purchase, please contact Info@macrosavvy.com.